Call for papers (deadline Nov. 15, 2011): IFLA preconference “The Electronic Re-evolution - News Media in the Digital Age”
Date: August 7–9, 2012
Location: Mikkeli, Finland
Don’t miss this chance to present at the IFLA preconference “The Electronic Re-evolution - News Media in the Digital Age” in Mikkeli, Finland, August 7–9, 2012. The conference is organised in cooperation of several IFLA Sections and The Centre for Preservation and Digitisation of the National Library of Finland.
We are particularly interested in presentations on the following topics and we do believe these are of interest to you and your organisation as well:
- The electronic re-evolution and its impact on user behaviour and expectations
- Production of electronic news media, new business models, emerging collaborative news models
- Collecting digital media: e-delivery, web-harvesting, legal deposit and use, metadata capture and enrichment
- Digitisation: user participation (crowdsourcing), digitized newspapers as resources for genealogists and historical research; copyright issues
- Presentation of digital resources: collaboration of libraries, archives and museums; portals
- Examples to adopt automated workflows for the identification, collection and preservation of digital news media
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a short abstract to L. Suzanne Kellerman. The deadline for the abstracts is November 15, 2011. The same call is used for selecting presentations for the Open Session of the IFLA Newspaper Section in Helsinki on August 15, 2012.
See more information.
Please feel free to share this information with your colleagues and other professionals.